Saturday, February 27, 2016

Alpha0.1 of Divinity

Okay so I wasn't planning on doing this for a while, considering the game lacks a lot of planned out content, but I figured it's at least in a playable state somewhat, so why the fuck not, right?

So... here it is?

This is Divinity and its first build. Divinity is a shitty, sex, text, RPG-esque, game made by me, and right now I'm sort of, kind of proud of its progress.

OH YEAH EDIT TO ADD: BEWARE THE TYPOS. PROBABLY A MILLION.
OH GOSH SECOND LATE AF UPDATE: Chrome breaks Twine, unfortunately. The bastards fucked with how they view local html files, so it might be wonky playing there. Might not even work. I suggest Firefox to actually play it!

It's not the greatest piece of literature out there and as a game, it sucks ass, but HEY, it's my baby, and I find it at least good enough to share with the world. So without further adieu:


DOWNLOAD: Divinity Alpha0.1

Alright, now that that's over with, I want to talk a bit about content. At first glance, there's not a lot, but there is still some cool stuff you can do.

FOR ADJUDICATORS:

The first time you visit Gadget, you can have sex with her. ("Perfect girlfriend, huh?" -> "What does a girl like you do around here for... fun?")

To meet Mimic, talk to Dagger about her ("How did you become leader of team Bravo?") and then fight crime on a Sunday (Day 7/14/21... etc.) and you'll have a chance to meet her.

To start Dagger side quest, talk to Mimic about Dagger ("What's the deal with Dagger?").

To beat the Dagger side quest, go to the Abandoned Warehouse between 8pm and 11pm.

To meet Trigger, start the Dagger side quest then talk to Gadget about him.

To give Trigger a blowjob, tell him the money for his toxin is too expensive and he's insane.

Talk to Whisper to get the first major story quest.

FOR PROMISE:
Not a lot of content on this side, yet, unfortunately. Will change next patch.

To have sex with Void, spar him 4 times and win, then lose on the final fight.

4 comments:

  1. The second fight against Void seems to be broken. After I beat him, i'm immediately directed to my room and when I leave it, i'm suddenly starting the Adjudicators path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I can't seem to reproduce that bug unfortunately. The fight runs fine for me, and I can't find anything in the code that could cause that. It would help if I had a bit more info. Can I ask you what browser you're running on?

      Delete
    2. Sure. I was using Firefox It wasn't my first rematch with Void. I beat him the first time, but then lost a number of times after that because he blocked all of my attacks.

      I tried leveling up and upgrading all my abilities, thinking it would be something like speed or dexterity that would allow me to hit him. Eventually, one of the last things I tried was Intelligence and that seemed to work, I guess, I could do damage to him again. He wasn't hurting me at all though.

      In fact, all the times he was blocking my attacks before, he wasn't attacking back. Is that supposed to happen?

      Delete
    3. So I actually was able to find what was wrong with the code in that regard. I'll be able to fix it and hopefully roll out some combat fixes sometime this week! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

      Delete